Archive Press Releases >
2006 Archives >
- Buffalo, N.Y. Wins Title of Capital of the Pierogy Pocket
- The search for the city with the most passion for pierogies – the perfect pairing of pasta and potatoes – ended today in Western New York. The city of Buffalo, N.Y. was named the first-ever Capital of the Pierogy Pocket, by Mrs. T’s® Pierogies.
- BUFFALO WINS TWO MAJOR DEVELOPMENT PROJECT AWARDS
- The General Building Contractors of New York State have announced that two high-profile Buffalo development projects will receive the organization’s prestigious 2006 “Build New York” award. Jeff Zogg, Executive Director of the ...
- MAYOR BROWN PARTICIPATES IN OPENING OF FEMA/NYS DISASTER RECOVERY CENTER
- Mayor Byron W. Brown today joined federal and state representatives in the opening of the FEMA/NYS Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) in the City of Buffalo.
- MAYOR BROWN KICKS OFF 21ST ANNUAL PASTOR TOURNAMENT
- Mayor Byron Brown today hosted the pairings announcement of the 21st annual Al & Rose Pastor Memorial Basketball Tournament at City Hall. Representatives of the 12 participating schools were also in ...
- MAYOR BROWN KICKS OFF FOOD BANK OF WNY HOLIDAY DRIVE
- With the Thanksgiving holiday just a few weeks away and following the October Surprise storm, Mayor Byron Brown today urged all city residents to make donations to the Food Bank of Western New York. “The Food Bank was a great partner during the October ...
- BUFFALO ECONOMIC RENAISSANCE CORPORATION RELEASES ANNUAL REPORT
- The Buffalo Economic Renaissance Corporation (BERC) today released its annual report, highlighted by many business and retail success stories. BERC Chairman Mayor Byron W. Brown, President Timothy E. Wanamaker and board members were on hand for the report.
- MAYOR BROWN CUTS THE RIBBON ON WNY MEDICAL ARTS CENTER
- Mayor Byron Brown today helped to cut the ribbon on the brand new WNY Medical Arts Center, located at the southern end of the growing Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus at 700 Michigan Avenue.
“Not only is this facility a great addition to the city’s ...
- LISC VACANT PROPERTIES ANNOUNCEMENT
- In autumn of 2005, Buffalo was one of seven areas from across the United States selected for a comprehensive study to reclaim and restore urban and first-ring suburban neighborhoods affected by blight and property ...
- Mayor Brown, American Water Announce New Customer Service Process
- Following discussions during the City of Buffalo’s regularly scheduled CitiStat Buffalo meetings, American Water has developed a new customer service process for the city’s water authority...
- MAYOR BROWN INSPECTS CITY SNOW FIGHTING EQUIPMENT
- Mayor Byron W. Brown today, joined by city Public Works Commissioner Joseph Giambra and Henry Jackson, Director of Street Cleaning and ...
- MAYOR BROWN DISTRIBUTES HOLIDAY MEALS TO BUFFALO FAMILIES
- Mayor Byron Brown distributed 100 meals to Buffalo families today for the Thanksgiving Holiday, thanks to a generous donation from the Food Bank of Western New York.
- MAYOR BROWN CITES JOB TRAINING FOLLOWING BERGER REPORT
- Mayor Byron W. Brown today convened a press conference to reiterate his position that the implementation of the recommendations of the New York State Commission on Health Care Facilities in the 21st Century, otherwise known as the Berger ...