Archive Press Releases >
2006 Archives >
- MAYOR BROWN TESTIFIES BEFORE THE U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES COMMITTEE ON HOMELAND SECURITY
- Mayor Byron W. Brown today testified before the United States House of Representatives Committee on Homeland Security and expressed his opposition to the recent reduction of Buffalo’s Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) funding for 2006.
- MAYOR BROWN INVITES BLOCK CLUBS TO PARTICIPATE IN NATIONAL NIGHT OUT
- Mayor Byron W. Brown invites community-based organizations, block clubs and other interested citizens to participate in National Night Out on August 1st, 2006. National Night Out was introduced in 1984 as a unique crime and ...
- CITY OF BUFFALO LAUNCHES EMERGENCY REPAIR PROGRAM
- Mayor Byron W. Brown announced today that the City of Buffalo will once again offer funding for emergency repairs for city residents, beginning Monday, July 24, 2006. The City of Buffalo Emergency Repair Program addresses emergency situations ...
- BUFFALO TO PARTICIPATE IN CITYWIDE REVITALIZATION PROJECT
- Mayor Byron W. Brown this week will kick off the City of Buffalo “Neighbor to Neighbor” Group Workcamp Revitalization Program at McKinley High School on Elmwood Avenue. The weeklong program ...
- MAYOR BROWN TO PARTICIPATE IN 2006 NATIONAL URBAN LEAGUE CONFERENCE
- Mayor Byron W. Brown will participate in the annual National Urban League Conference, which will be held July 26th through July 29th in Atlanta, Georgia. Office of Strategic Planning Executive Director Timothy Wanamaker will accompany...
- REHABILITATED WEST SIDE HOUSE GETS NEW OWNER
- Mayor Byron W. Brown today gave house keys to Mr. Terry Potter, the proud new owner of a rehabilitated home on Buffalo’s West Side. The house, located at 329 Connecticut Street, was part of a project sponsored by the City of Buffalo, West Side ...
- CITY HALL POWER OUTAGE INVESTIGATED
- Following an investigation conducted by city departments including Public Works and Fire, working in collaboration with representatives of National Grid, Simplex (company who developed and maintains City Hall alarm system) and Bison Elevator, today’s...
- BLUECROSS BLUESHIELD & DUKE REALTY CORP. HOLD TOPPING-OFF CEREMONY FOR DOWNTOWN HEADQUARTERS
- The final steel beam for BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York’s new downtown corporate headquarters at 249 West Genesee Street was hoisted into place today during a topping off ceremony. The ceremony marked the ...